Welcome to my own experience: a blog about a self-diagnosed Aspergirl (term coined by Rudy Simone) on a journey to official validation [spoiler alert: it ultimately came in August 2016].
Read more about me, Cherry Blossom Tree.
Love what I do? Consider supporting me on Patreon!
Like my page on Facebook and follow me on Twitter!
This is where I share interesting and helpful articles as well as quick or random musings on life. 🙂 [For a quick preview of what I’ve recently shared, click on the gear icon (Widgets) above to see the page plug-in.]
I am certified by the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES) as a Certified Autism Specialist (CAS), defined as a professional who is responsible for the support and/or services provided to an individual on the autism spectrum that directly relates to the professionals’ specific scope of practice.
You can read my blog in your preferred order – either chronologically from the beginning or with the newest posts at the top – by clicking the Menu button above and making your selection under Blog.
Or click a link below to access a particular post.
- First Post – Putting it out there for the world to read
- Disclosure… and relief
- Being put on the spot
- Am I or am I not?
- Sensory Stuff: Seeking, Sensitivities & Differences
- ‘Always thought you were a bit weird.’
- Anxiety overload and not able to do anything about it
- Bras + Swimwear = RAGE
- Anxiety & Stress in one’s chosen career
- I live to fall asleep
- …but it’s routine!!
- It’s not that I’m impatient…
- It’s been a while…
- October can seriously do one…
- Fate vs. Destiny?
- “Just chalk it up to good experience.”
- Bah, Humbug.
- Losing A Parent Through Isolation, Not Death
- 2015… over already?
- I’m sick of being sick.
- Just a quick one for now.
- Join the Thunderclap
- That took effort.
- Hello, World!
- I don’t know what the answer is.
- Thoughts on Recent Celebrity Deaths
- Protecting Oneself
- I’m so proud of him.
- What is wrong with me??
- Understanding the Spectrum
- My White Whale – The Interview
- It’s happening. It’s finally happening.
- First appointment down…
- Second appointment…
- Mulling it over…
- London Autism Show, Day 1
- London Autism Show, Day 2
- Birmingham Autism Show
- One Hurdle Overcome… One More Left?
- 1 year, 1 month and 24 days later…
- Debunking “Everyone is a little autistic.”
- Reasonable Adjustments
- Yoga: Not “just like Pilates.” At all.
- Social Media and Autism/Aspergers [reblogged]
- My First Special Interest: The Beatles
- Interview with Samantha Craft of Everyday Aspie
- “How can you not hear that??” – Communicating Sensory Difficulties [reblogged]
- My White Whale – The Interview (Take 2)
- 30 Things I’ve learned since learning that I “have” Asperger’s / autism [reblogged]
- Aspie Burnout & The Worst Migraine of My Life…
- 15 Reasons I love my Asperger’s / #actuallyautistic friends [reblogged]
- Facebook Toxicity
- Autistic Burnout & Regression
- autistic anxiety [reblogged]
- Autism expert [reblogged]
- Dear Neurotypical friends… [reblogged]
- Why Temple Grandin bums me out [reblogged
- My Sensory Hangover
- Why we’re not all on the autism spectrum [reblogged]
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Concerts: Stimming Joy & Sensory Overload
- #TakeTheMaskOff at work [reblogged]
- Autistics Speaking Day
- The Trauma of Being an Empathic Autistic Advocate [protected]
- What is wrong with the autistic community? [reblogged]
If you find this blog helpful, please feel free to share on social media!